JOB NUMBER: 14-040-1725
CLOSING DATE: May 23, 2014 – 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $29,739 – $33,457 annually, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Website Developer & Event Coordinator
Build, update and maintain multiple State Bar of Texas Section websites using DNN open-source software. Provide website support and maintenance for multiple section websites using DNN, DreamWeaver and a variety of other website platforms. Effectuate domain transfers and website hosting. Incorporate web and mobile applications to achieve a variety of section initiatives. Provide technology and event support for State Bar of Texas Sections. Negotiate and book venues and supervise all aspects of section meetings, retreats and continuing education programs. Work directly with section leadership and other team members to facilitate section communications and marketing efforts. Attend meetings and present information to small audiences to educate and train section leadership regarding best practices. Must have strong communication skills and a proven ability to mult-task in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Collaborate directly with section leadership to build, launch and maintain websites using DNN software, skins and modules, DreamWeaver, and other industry standard website platforms.
- Manage website servers, domain name ownership, renewals and web-hosting arrangements.
- Integrate web and mobile applications into websites using DNN modules, such as event management systems, internal search engines, online registration, eCommerce, member directories and various social media applications.
- Facilitate section initiatives and publications using listservs, e-blasts, websites, hard-copy and electronic brochures, interactive newsletters and a variety of social media. Write and edit copy for websites, email advertisements and course brochures.
- Identify, assess and negotiate with hotels and other venues to book continuing education events and small meetings.
- Manage and supervise logistics of conferences and meetings, including room/foyer setup, menus choices and quantities, material delivery, exhibitor placement, and audio-visual needs.
- Present information to small audiences to provide education regarding websites, technologies and best practices.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
College degree preferred. Must have a minimum of three years experience building websites using DNN, DreamWeaver and other industry standard technologies. Must have basic knowledge of html and PHP programming. Three years event planning experience preferred. Must be proficient in all Adobe Professional Suite, Microsoft Office applications and various open-source website software. Must have experience integrating web and mobile applications such as online registration systems, membership directories, library search engines, eCommerce systems and social media tools. Must possess strong organizational, problem-solving, negotiation and conflict management skills, a strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a team environment. Requires excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate in a non-technical and collaborative manner. Some travel required. Public speaking skills are required.