JOB NUMBER: 14-017-2815
CLOSING DATE: November 8, 2013- 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $50,865-$57,223 annually, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: TLAP Professional
DEPARTMENT: Texas Lawyers’ Assistance Program
The Texas Lawyers’ Assistance Program (TLAP) seeks an energetic and highly professional licensed attorney in good standing or Masters level licensed therapist to help with the responsible administration of all aspects of the peer assistance and employee assistance programs of the State Bar of Texas.
- Assists in operating confidential telephone hotline; provides crisis counseling and referrals for law students, judges and attorneys as well as colleagues, friends, and family members concerned about impaired attorneys.
- Assists in maintaining and expanding an up-to-date resource database of physicians, mental health professionals and other referral resources in Texas and the United States.
- Assists in conducting periodic evaluations of mental health facilities, rehabilitation and treatment programs throughout Texas and the United States.
- Assists in increasing the legal community and public awareness of the Texas Lawyers’ Assistance Program by routinely making presentations, conducting seminars and trainings and by writing articles and other pieces for publication.
- Assists in recruiting, training, and maintaining current relationships with a statewide network of volunteer attorneys for the Texas Lawyers’ Assistance Program.
- Assists in developing, marketing and administering voluntary monitoring program.
- Assists in developing, marketing and administering specialized outreach for the Texas Judiciary.
- Assists in providing confidential employee assistance services to State Bar staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be either a licensed attorney in good standing or Masters level licensed therapist. Requires demonstrated education, training and/or knowledge of various impairments affecting legal professionals including stress and anxiety disorders, substance use disorders, mood disorders and other mental illnesses. Requires minimum of 5 years demonstrated professional or volunteer related work experience. Requires experience designing, developing and delivering professional presentations. Must have superior communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of legal professionals in myriad contexts. Must have excellent writing and/or editing skills. Requires availability for rotating evening and weekend coverage of confidential telephone hotline calls. Travel required up to 20%. The highest ethical standards, organizational skills, creativity and a collegial temperament are essential.