JOB NUMBER: 14-012-3025
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Director of Finance
DEPARTMENT: Texas Access to Justice Foundation - Austin
The Director of Finance & Operations is responsible for ensuring accurate, appropriate, effective, and efficient operations in the areas of finance and banking relationships. The Director is responsible both for successful fulfillment of day-to-day activities in these areas, as well as implementation of recommended policies and future planning.
- Maintain general ledger; prepare all internal and external financial reports for staff management and Board, Supreme Court, Office of the Attorney General, auditors, IRS, grantors, and others.
- Develop and track organizational, programmatic, and grant budgets, in cooperation with management staff.
- Coordinate annual external financial audits, including Public Funds Investment Act audit, and serves as lead point of contact for auditor, responding to their needs, questions, and concerns.
- Prepare timely and accurate grant disbursements, bank reconciliations, and accounts payable.
- Maintain effective and appropriate insurance policies for the Foundation to ensure appropriate risk management and safeguarding of agency assets. Monitor and ensure effective internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with the Foundation’s financial policies & procedures, GAAP, OMB standards, requirements of grants and contracts, IRS regulations. Maintain all required reporting.
- Serve as staff liaison to Board’s Finance Committee. Serve as primary contact with financial institutions to ensure the proper remittance of IOLTA funds to the Foundation.
- Develop and implement strategies for strengthening partnerships with financial institutions and building support for IOLTA in the banking community. Research and implement ways of increasing bank yield on IOLTA deposits.
- Responsible for financial projections and cash flow, short and long-term of the organization.
- Oversee and manage all systems necessary for maintaining IOLTA accounts and carrying out IOLTA. Design, develop and implement IOLTA rules and policies for enhancing IOLTA revenue.
- Manage professional and support staff engaged in tracking monthly IOLTA receipts and monitoring bank compliance with rules and regulations pertaining to bank eligibility.
- As needed or appropriate, make recommendations and develop proposed policies to review or enhance all compliance/fiscal policies.
- Review annual audits and 990’s from grantees as well as conduct fiscal review of grantees.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
Bachelor’s degree required. Five or more years in the field of accounting with preference in government, non-profit or banking experience. Strong financial analysis skills necessary. Preference for a CPA, but not necessary. Must be able to demonstrate having excellent organizational skills and work habits; strong attention to detail and follow-up. Efficient in handling multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to meet deadlines. Skilled at working with a wide variety of stakeholder groups.
Find a Lawyer
Search below to find a lawyer near you.