PART-TIME – 20 HOURS PER WEEK
TUESDAY & THURSDAY 8 AM-5 PM & FRIDAY 12-4 PM
JOB NUMBER: 13-033-1970
CLOSING DATE: May 10, 2013 - 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15.76 - $17.73 per hour, plus excellent benefits prorated to reflect part-time status
POSITION TITLE: Project Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Legal Services Support Division – Austin
Provides project coordination for the Legal Services Support Division of the State Bar of Texas and the Texas Access to Justice Commission to increase awareness of access to justice issues and encourage donor giving. Responsible for assisting with the visual presence of statewide pro bono efforts of the State Bar of Texas and the Texas Access to Justice Commission. Assist with the coordination of conferences and training events. Involves frequent contact with State Bar departments, committees, volunteers, and the public.
- Facilitates State Bar and Commission communication efforts regarding access to justice issues, including content development for publications, presentations, and fundraising efforts.
- Facilitates development and fundraising efforts of the Commission to increase resources for civil legal aid, including the ATJ Contribution campaign and Gala.
- Creates design and layout of LegalFront and Update e-newsletters of the State Bar and Commission. Drives attention to content via social media.
- Develops content and handles coordination of social media to increase awareness of State Bar and Commission access to justice initiatives.
- Creates State Bar and Commission print materials for events, publications, and efforts to increase funds and awareness of ATJ issues.
- Reviews and revises the Legal Service Support Division pages on the State Bar website to increase accessibility of information to lawyers and the public.
- Assists with curriculum development for conferences and training events and coordinates logistics and support for those events.
- Answers and screens incoming telephone calls and departmental emails, routes them to the appropriate person, and responds to information inquiries from the public regarding pro bono legal services and legal aid.
- Maintains and orders office supplies.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
Bachelor’s degree required. Requires at least three years related work experience. Requires the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently while maintaining a high level of performance, attention to detail, and accuracy. Requires exceptional writing, communication and organizational skills. Requires proficiency with creative suite software, online publication platforms, social media, MS Office and database software. Must communicate effectively on the phone, in person and in writing. Ability to maintain confidentiality required. Ability to speak Spanish is desirable. Prior experience with legal aid organizations or other nonprofit is desirable.