JOB NUMBER: 13-027-3520
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SALARY: Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Controller
Assist with the development of financial reporting and budgeting for the State Bar of Texas. Supervise Accounting Department staff. Report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Manage accounting staff in the areas of accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, sales order processing, collections & cash receipts.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations of accounting staff.
- Prepare draft of monthly financial statements for the State Bar’s General Fund, Texas Bar Book Fund, Client Security Fund and Special Revenue Funds.
- Assist CFO with preparation of the annual budget.
- Maintain and reconcile fixed asset records including the calculation of depreciation and recording of capital leases.
- Prepare audit work-papers and coordinate the annual external audit of the financial statements.
- Coordinate the annual internal audit.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
Certified Public Accountant credential is required. Requires a minimum of 5 years of specific achievement in the areas of auditing or financial statement preparation with government experience preferred. A minimum of 5 years of management experience is also required. Strong record of working with both Financial Accounting Standards Board and Governmental Accounting Standards Board principles and guidelines is required. A thorough working knowledge of Excel is also preferred. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent communications skills should be demonstrated. Requires the ability to work independently under deadline pressure.