JOB NUMBER: 11-035-3025
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SALARY: Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Director of Finance and Operations
DEPARTMENT: Texas Access to Justice Foundation
The Director of Finance & Operations is responsible for ensuring accurate, appropriate, effective, and efficient operations in the areas of finance, banking relationships, human resources, IT, facilities, and attorney compliance. The Director is responsible both for successful fulfillment of day-to-day activities in these areas, as well as implementation of recommended policies and future planning.
- Oversees fiscal management including: prepares monthly financial statements, calculates monthly cash needs, assists annual audit and public funds investment act audit, and prepares annual IRS 990 tax form.
- Prepares annual budget and approves all expenses for payment.
- Works with financial institutions on increasing support and higher yields on IOLTA accounts.
- Conducts fiscal reviews of grantees and/or participates in the fiscal reviews. Works with grantees’ auditors on grant payments. Reviews grantees annual audits and IRS 990 tax form.
- Oversees annual attorney and law firm compliance. Assists with problems that develop during the compliance process and supervises the data entry to update records.
- Ensures compliance with TAJF Governing Rules and with legal and regulatory entities such as, the IRS, Texas Workforce Commission, and the Comptroller’s office.
- Manages the office; ensures the office is adequately staffed; reviews information technology needs; recommends training for staff; maintains inventory.
- Works on special projects and reports as needed by the Board of Directors, Executive Director, Supreme Court of Texas, and/or the Office of the Attorney General.
- Attends board meetings and finance committee meetings.
10. Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
CPA License required. However, applicant working on CPA license will also be considered. Applicants with CPA license must document progression towards achieving CPA license when submitting application. CPA degree and a minimum of five years experience in the field of accounting required with preference in non-profit experience. Requires strong financial analysis skills and demonstrated experience working in the banking industry. Must be able to demonstrate having excellent organizational skills and work habits; strong attention to detail and follow-up. Efficient in handling multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to meet deadlines. Skill at working with a wide variety of stakeholder groups.