JOB NUMBER: 14-042-1550
CLOSING DATE: May 30, 2014- 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $26,975 - $30,346 annually, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Production Assistant I
TexasBarBooks publishes law books in both traditional and electronic formats. This position assists with the production of legal publications and their accompanying digital products, including keyboarding edited manuscripts, creating and linking the digital products, and providing technical and office support. This position involves frequent contact with State Bar departments and committees, as well as contact with individuals and organizations outside the State Bar primarily for informational purposes. This individual works under the general supervision of the senior editor.
- Keyboards edited manuscripts in proper format as directed by editors, using current desktop publishing software.
- Creates PDF files of all the books for professional printing, using Adobe Acrobat and other publishing software.
- Creates fully hyperlinked digital products of manuals and forms, using Adobe Acrobat and word-processing applications (Word and WordPerfect).
- Provides quality control on digital products (checking hyperlinks, etc.).
- Provides customer support in response to telephone and written requests for service, information, and assistance.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
High school education or equivalent required. At least one year experience using desktop publishing software required. Knowledge of Windows, WordPerfect, and MS Word required, as well as advanced knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and advanced desktop publishing programs. Excellent communication skills and discretion required. Must be able to work under deadline pressure and prioritize multiple work assignments. Must be able to take direction from others. Customer service experience helpful. Adobe Framemaker, other Adobe applications, and InDesign experience desirable.