CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
SALARY: Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Development Director
DEPARTMENT: Texas Access to Justice Foundation - Austin
The Texas Access to Justice Foundation (TAJF) seeks a Development Director to enthusiastically engage new and existing donors in ensuring access to justice for all Texans. TAJF is the largest state funder of legal aid in Texas and continually works to expand the funding universe in an effort to get Texas closer to equal access to justice. This applicant must be able to support and dynamically work toward the vision. The position reports to the Executive Director but will work closely with other staff and board members to develop and implement a comprehensive plan to raise revenue for access to justice, with an initial emphasis on developing relationships and leveraging dollars from foundations.
The specific activities of the Development Director will vary and will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Manage the process and coordinate the people for all resource development/revenue raising activities; including but not limited to:
- Create, implement and monitor long-term and annual resource development plans/budgets;
- Scout opportunities for new revenue sources, especially researching and identifying opportunities with foundations;
- Educate foundations on the benefits of including access to justice funding in portfolios
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential foundation, corporate, and individual donors, with an initial emphasis on developing foundation resources;
- Work cooperatively with other key staff to assist in public relations activities and event planning;
- Supervise and maintain development records, gift acknowledgments, and related correspondence;
- Engage stakeholders on resource development initiatives.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
Bachelor’s degree required. Certified Fund Raising Executive Credential desired. A minimum of five years of experience, preferably at the director level, in development activities in an innovative nonprofit environment. Supervisory experienced preferred. Demonstrable success in fundraising and working extensively with Foundations. A passion for and demonstrated commitment to working for the good of the community. Excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills essential. Self-starter and self-motivated to move forward without supervision. Coordinating others to move efforts forward to a successful conclusion. Must be able to travel.