JOB VACANCY NOTICE
JOB NUMBER: 14-035-1610
CLOSING DATE: May 9, 2014 - 1:00 p.m. CST
SALARY: Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Texas Access to Justice Foundation
This position performs a variety of technical and clerical accounting functions under the direction of the Senior Financial Accountant for the Texas Access to Justice Foundation. The work involves preparing, entering, and balancing financial information required to maintain the Foundation’s accounts receivable and payable transactions and records.
- Maintains computer database for the IOLTA (Interest on Lawyers’ Trust Accounts) program including its accounts, banks, law firms, and attorneys.
- Researches problems with banks, law firms, and attorneys concerning discrepancies on bank reports and compliance statements and suggests corrective action.
- Manages accounts payable and receivables; including processing payments in a timely manner and preparing other related reports.
- Inputs and verifies data from bank reports, compliance reports, and ledgers.
- Assists with bank research as required for annual financial audit and outside reviews.
- Compiles statistical, financial, and other information for reports; maintaining required confidentiality.
- Review, analyze, and monitor detailed financial data and interest rates.
- Drafts correspondence to banks, law firms, and attorneys.
- Provides general assistance with overall office operations.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
Two years’ experience in an environment that requires basic knowledge of accounting principles and performing accurate numerical detail work. College degree preferred. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and written. Working knowledge of banking procedures is preferred. Ability to problem solve and complete multiple tasks in a timely and independent manner. Ability to organize workload and set priorities. Working knowledge of personal computers, including experience with Microsoft Excel. Ability to work accurately with numbers and knowledge of automated accounting systems. Ability to work under pressure during busy work cycles and meet deadline schedules. Must be well-organized, a self-starter, and detail oriented.