JOB NUMBER: 13-034-2650
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SALARY: Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Law Office Manager
DEPARTMENT: General Counsel - Austin
Manages and supports the State Bar legal counsel’s office. Responsibilities include case management, contract management and review, compliance review and documentation, responses to public information requests, correspondence, and performance of research as necessary. Involves frequent contact with State Bar staff, sections, committees, departments, attorneys, and other individuals and organizations outside the State Bar, including members of the board of directors.
- Helps with contract management and review.
- Assists in the preparation of pleadings, correspondence, and other documents.
- Oversees case management and organizes and maintains documents and calendaring of deadlines.
- Assembles and drafts responses to public information requests pursuant to both the Texas Public Information Act and Texas Rules of Judicial Administration.
- Manages compliance calendaring and documentation.
- Communicates with State Bar staff, the board of directors, sections, committees, departments and members of the public as necessary, both verbally and in writing.
- Assists with insurance renewals and acts as liaison with insurance company representatives.
- Assists with the preparation, review, and approval of department budgets and expense reports.
- Purchases department supplies and ensures that subscriptions are current.
- Performs other duties as delegated by the legal counsel.
A minimum of eight years of paralegal experience in a law office or law firm. Paralegal certificate or certification preferred. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat, and familiarity with web-based case management and legal research software. Familiarity with technology used in a paperless office, including scanning and managing documents. Knowledge of legal research, legal drafting, legal terminology and legal concepts; advanced skills in writing; and knowledge of civil court procedure.