State Bar of Texas
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 18, 2014
Lowell Brown, communications division director
State Bar of Texas
800-204, 2222, ext. 1713, or 512-427-1713
State Bar of Texas to honor San Antonio individuals, organization at Annual Meeting
AUSTIN — Presentations of awards honoring exceptional service to the public and the legal profession will be a highlight of the State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting, to be held June 26-27 at the Hilton Austin and Austin Convention Center. The following San Antonio individuals and organizations are among those being honored:
- María A. Berriozábal, Pete Torres Public Service Award, presented by the State Bar of Texas Hispanic Issues Section
- Jim Branton (a former State Bar of Texas president), Outstanding 50 Year Lawyer Award, presented by the Texas Bar Foundation
- Allan K. DuBois, Col. Bryan S. Spencer Award, presented by the State Bar of Texas Military and Veterans Law Section. DuBois is the State Bar of Texas president-elect for the 2014-2015 bar year.
- Texas Rep. Justin Rodriguez, Legislator of the Year Award, presented by the State Bar of Texas Hispanic Issues Section
- Jack Hebdon, Outstanding 50 Year Lawyer Award, presented by the Texas Bar Foundation
- Lamont A. Jefferson, Chief Justice Jack Pope Award, presented by the Texas Center for Legal Ethics
- Mexican American Bar Association of San Antonio, Hispanic/Mexican American Bar Association of the Year, presented by the State Bar of Texas Hispanic Issues Section
- Richard R. Orsinger, Dan Rugeley Price Memorial Award, presented by the Texas Bar Foundation
For more information about the Annual Meeting, visit www.texasbar.com/annualmeeting.
— — —
The State Bar of Texas is an administrative agency of the Supreme Court of Texas that provides educational programs for the legal profession and the public, administers the minimum continuing legal education program for attorneys, and manages the attorney discipline system. For more information, visit www.texasbar.com.