TEXAS BOARD OF LEGAL SPECIALIZATION
Board Certified lawyers earn the right to publicly represent themselves as a specialist in a select area of the law. In fact, they are the only attorneys allowed by the State Bar of Texas to do so. Board Certification promotes the availability, accessibility and quality of legal services. It increases proficiency and encourages attorneys to achieve high standards of professional excellence. Board Certified attorneys have earned recognition from the public and the legal community for having attained a certain level of experience and skill as a specialist. Although not always determinative, Board Certification is one factor clients consider when selecting an attorney and other attorneys weigh when making referrals.
Below are the current specialty areas that a Texas attorney can get Board Certified in.
|Administrative||Farm and Ranch Real Estate|
|Child Welfare||Immigration and Nationality|
|Civil Trial||Labor and Employment|
|Commercial Real Estate||Legislative and Campaign|
|Construction||Oil, Gas and Mineral|
|Consumer and Commercial||Personal Injury Trial|
|Consumer Bankruptcy||Property Owners Association|
|Criminal Appellate||Residential Real Estate|
|Estate Planning and Probate||Workers’ Compensation|
Here a few Benefits of Board Certification:
• You’ll be identified as “Board Certified,” or a “Specialist” in your field of practice;
• You’ll have exclusive use of the Board Certified logo, professional network and marketing tools;
• You’ll have personal pride, peer recognition and professional advancement;
• You’ll be listed in the TBLS Online Directory of Board Certified Attorneys;
• You’ll be recognized as a Board Certified attorney in the State Bar of Texas online member profile page;
• You’ll stay up-to-date on legal issues through continue legal education (CLE);
• You’ll maintain the highest standards in your practice area as you continue your Board Certification throughout your career; and more.
There are over 90,000 attorneys licensed to practice in Texas. Only about 7,200 have earned the right to be publicly recognized as Board Certified specialists in one of 22 select areas of law.
To learn more, visit www.tbls.org, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (512) 706-4500.