JOB NUMBER: 14-020-3600
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SALARY: Commensurate with experience plus excellent
POSITION TITLE: ATJ Development and Communications
DEPARTMENT: Texas Access to Justice Commission -
Responsible for fund development activities of the Texas Access to
Justice Commission (“Commission”), including major gifts,
events, and planned giving to benefit Texas civil legal service
providers. Responsible for developing and implementing communication
tools, in coordination with other staff, to support development
activities and promote overall access to justice issues.
- Initiate and manage annual and long-range fund development
activities, developing diversified and sustainable sources of revenue
including major gifts, events, giving campaigns, planned giving, and
corporate and civic partners.
- Cultivate and sustain donor relationships using best practices
in donor stewardship.
- Research new and existing fund sources/donors to maximize funds
- Make face-to-face visits to prospective and current donors.
- Prepare error-free and timely correspondence, proposals, and
documentation of meetings, research, etc.
- Implement and manage a comprehensive communications strategy,
including print and online communications (website, e-newsletter,
- Identify and create opportunities to build awareness among
various constituents, including potential donors, lawyers, and
- Assist as needed in securing media coverage for Commission
- On a regular basis, prepare detailed reports tracking progress on
organizational development and communication for the Executive Director
- General Functions: Participates in planning, development,
and implementation of the Commission goals and objectives. Answers
public inquiries about legal assistance available to low-income people
and pro bono opportunities. Performs other duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years development
experience and 2 years communications experience. A successful track
record in giving campaigns, events, and major donor identification,
cultivation, and stewardship, and in achieving major fund raising
goals. Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to
working with a wide variety of people. Demonstrated success managing
multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to understand and explain
complex financial and investment information. Clear, concise, and
effective written and oral communication skills, including
proofreading, writing, editing. Experience coordinating projects,
preparing correspondence, producing written reports and proposals, and
making personal presentations. Self-starter who initiates and pursues
objectives in an organized and efficient manner and has the ability to
work independently. Willingness to work evening and weekend hours when
necessary. Excellent analytical and organizational skills.