JOB NUMBER: 14-09-1815
CLOSING DATE: August 9, 2013 - 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $31,226 - $35,130 annually,
plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Legal Secretary
DEPARTMENT: Chief Disciplinary Counsel - Houston
Provides a variety of legal and administrative support services in the
intake, investigation, and prosecution of attorney disciplinary cases.
This position involves frequent contact with other departments and
committees of the State Bar of Texas, attorneys, clients, complainants,
respondents and other outside agencies and organizations.
- Responsible for timely data entry in case-tracking software
and maintains case tracking log(s).
- Prepares and edits letters, reports, correspondence and
- Responds to oral and written requests; searches databases
and provides information that is appropriate for release to the
- Organizes and maintains computer databases and physical
- Assists attorneys and investigators with document
preparation for grievance committee hearings.
- Responsible for assisting Attorneys and Legal Assistants in
trial, as necessary.
- Shares responsibility with other staff as backup
- Performs other responsibilities and conducts special
projects as required.
High school diploma or equivalent required; some college-level
courses preferred. A minimum of three years’ experience in
administrative office work is preferred, preferably in a legal
environment. Experience in legal secretarial work, preferred.
Requires exceptional communication and customer service skills.
Ability to problem-solve and complete tasks in a timely and independent
manner. Must be well organized, a self-starter, and detail oriented.
Must be proficient in personal computers, Word software, filing
systems, scanning/fax equipment, telephone systems, and general office
equipment. Experience in litigation tracking software preferred.
Ability to speak and translate Spanish helpful.