JOB NUMBER: 15-010-1465
CLOSING DATE: August 15, 2014- 1:00
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $26,204 –
$29,479 annually, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Membership - Austin
Provides a variety of general administrative support services to the
Membership Department, including answering and responding to calls
requesting service, information and assistance. This position
involves frequent contact with other departments of the State Bar, the
public, and other individuals and organizations outside the State Bar,
primarily for informational purposes.
1. Answers a high volume of phone calls requesting service,
information and assistance; routes calls to the appropriate person:
provides general information to the public and
2. Performs as front desk receptionist, greeting members or
3. Sorts and distributes incoming mail;prepares internal and
outgoing mail and packages; maintains necessary records of express,
certified mail and packages.
4. Assists in attorney compliance, non-compliance, suspension and
5. Assists with processing of incoming correspondence and
6. Assists with address changes and return mail processing.
7. Assists with the collection of membership fees and
8. Assists newly licensed attorneys in admission process.
9. Assists with filing, photocopying, and faxing.
10. Assists with special projects and performs other responsibilities
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years
of related work experience. Some college courses preferred. Requires
ability to communicate effectively and congenially on the telephone, in
person and in written form with Bar members, co-workers and the general
public. Must enjoy responding to a high volume of telephone calls of a
repetitive nature. Computer knowledge required, preferably Word and
Excel. Must be willing and able to work harmoniously with other
employees in performing assigned tasks as it relates to team
effectiveness. Must coordinate with work group to assure phone lines
are covered at all times. Must have excellent customer service skills
or call center experience.