JOB NUMBER: 15-008-2135
CLOSING DATE: August 8, 2014- 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $36,871 - $41,480 annually,
plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Investigator I
DEPARTMENT: Chief Disciplinary Counsel -
Conducts analysis and investigation of grievances against attorneys
licensed to practice law in Texas. This position involves extensive
contact with virtually all departments of the State Bar of Texas,
various law enforcement agencies, court and other agencies and
- Performs investigations, including analyzing complaints and
attorney responses, reviewing court, medical, insurance, bank and other
records; obtaining sworn statements from witnesses; and preparing
summaries of prior disciplinary action against attorneys.
- Prepares investigative reports and attends hearings of the
- Assists trial attorneys in the preparation and prosecution of
cases alleging professional misconduct.
- Maintains close liaison with law enforcement and other
governmental agencies providing assistance in grievance
- Responds to inquiries from complainants, attorney respondents,
witnesses and the public while maintaining confidentiality.
- Researches and provides summaries of prior disciplinary action
against respondent attorneys.
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
Requires a bachelor’s degree, certified Peace Officer’s
license, or at least five years of investigative experience. Effective
written and oral communication skills required, including concise
report-writing and interpersonal communication experience. Ease with
personal computer and Word software use necessary. Must be able to work
some evenings and/or weekends. A valid Texas driver’s license
and some travel required. Ability to speak and translate Spanish