PART-TIME – 20 HOURS PER WEEK
TUESDAY & THURSDAY 8 AM-5 PM & FRIDAY 12-4 PM
JOB NUMBER: 13-033-1970
CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2013- 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15.76- $17.73 per hour, plus
excellent benefits prorated to reflect part-time
POSITION TITLE: Project Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Legal Services Support Division -
Provides project coordination for the Legal Services Support Division
of the State Bar of Texas and the Texas Access to Justice Commission to
increase awareness of access to justice issues and encourage donor
giving. Responsible for assisting with the visual presence of
statewide pro bono efforts of the State Bar of Texas and the Texas
Access to Justice Commission. Assist with the coordination of
conferences and training events. Involves frequent contact with State
Bar departments, committees, volunteers, and the public.
- Facilitates State Bar and Commission communication efforts
regarding access to justice issues, including content development for
publications, presentations, and fundraising efforts.
- Facilitates development and fundraising efforts of the Commission
to increase resources for civil legal aid, including the ATJ
Contribution campaign and Gala.
- Creates design and layout of LegalFront and Update
e-newsletters of the State Bar and Commission. Drives attention to
content via social media.
- Develops content and handles coordination of social media to
increase awareness of State Bar and Commission access to justice
- Creates State Bar and Commission print materials for events,
publications, and efforts to increase funds and awareness of ATJ
- Reviews and revises the Legal Service Support Division pages on
the State Bar website to increase accessibility of information to
lawyers and the public.
- Assists with curriculum development for conferences and training
events and coordinates logistics and support for those events.
- Answers and screens incoming telephone calls and departmental
emails, routes them to the appropriate person, and responds to
information inquiries from the public regarding pro bono legal services
and legal aid.
- Maintains and orders office supplies.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
Bachelor’s degree required. Requires at least three years related
work experience. Requires the ability to handle multiple projects
concurrently while maintaining a high level of performance, attention to
detail, and accuracy. Requires exceptional writing, communication and
organizational skills. Requires proficiency with creative suite
software, online publication platforms, social media, MS Office and
database software. Must communicate effectively on the phone, in person
and in writing. Ability to maintain confidentiality required. Ability
to speak Spanish is desirable. Prior experience with legal aid
organizations or other nonprofit is desirable.