Resolve a Dispute

Are you having a problem communicating with your lawyer, a disagreement, or concerns about your bill? The State Bar offers resources to help resolve many minor disputes.

Client Attorney Assistance Program (CAAP)
Find out how CAAP can assist in resolving minor disputes and communication problems between clients and their lawyers.

Resolving Fee Disagreements
Read about fee dispute resolution services that the State Bar provides through CAAP.

What Should I Do if My Lawyer Dies, Disappears, Becomes Disabled? You Cannot Contact Your Attorney
If your lawyer attorney dies, disappears, becomes disabled, or is suspended or disbarred, here is a checklist of the steps you should take.