Edit Your Profile and Contact Information
Every attorney in Texas is required by law to maintain a current and up-to-date profile (Government Code 81.115).
When your contact information is current, attorneys, legal professionals, and the public have access to you and your services through our online Find-a-Lawyer directory.
- Why you must update your profile (Govt. Code 81.115)
- What your personal contact information includes
- Update both sets of information online
- Or update both sets of information by mail, email, fax, or hand-delivery
You are required to update your profile each year.
Even if there are no changes, you must login to your "My Bar Page" and certify your profile each year to confirm that your information is still accurate.
Government Code 81.115 requires you to provide the following information (unless marked optional):
- Your license date
- Your primary practice location
- Your law school of record
- Out-of-state disciplinary information, if applicable
- Specialty certifications (optional)
- Other law schools you attended (optional)
- Courts of admittance information (optional)
- Home, work, and cell phone numbers
- Email address
- Office and home address
- Some demographic information
You can request that we do not release your home address, home phone, and birth date to any third parties.**
It is a good idea, however, to consider providing contact information if you work from home and have only one address.
It's easy to update your profile and your contact information online at TexasBar.com.
- My Bar Page: Click the "My Bar Page" tab near the top right of every page.
- Log in using your bar number and password.
- Click on Update My Profile.
- Once you make changes, or verify that there are no changes, you must click on Yes to certify that the information is true and correct.
Don't forget to check the appropriate boxes if you want to restrict personal information from public access.
Download these PDF documents, fill them out, and mail to us at the address below.
- Attorney Profile form, Govt. Code 81.115 [PDF]
- Request to Change Contact Information form [PDF]
- Restriction for Public Access of Personal Information form [PDF]
It takes roughly two to three business days for mailed profile changes to take effect after we receive them. If you still have questions please contact the membership department.
State Bar of Texas
P.O. Box 12487
Austin, Texas 78711
Express mail or
State Bar of Texas
1414 Colorado Street
Austin, Texas 78701
800.204.2222 (ext. 1383)
*During the 77th session (2000), the Texas Legislature amended Subchapter H, Chapter 81, of the Government Code by adding Section 81.115.
** Texas Government Code Section 552.1176 allows lawyers to keep confidential certain State Bar records, including home address, home telephone number, Social Security number, email address, and date of birth.