Request Reinstatement From Inactive Status
Inactive members may request reinstatement to the State Bar of Texas at any time.
- Submit a written request stating that you have not practiced law in Texas during the fiscal period that you were an inactive member. A fiscal period (and the State Bar of Texas dues year) is June 1st through May 31st.
- Include a check or money order made payable to Clerk, Supreme Court of Texas, or a credit card authorization form to charge your Visa or MasterCard.
- To determine your fees for the current fiscal period, please call
our Membership Department at 800-204-2222, ext. 1383.
- Credit Card Authorization Form [PDF]: Download and fill out this form.
- You must also update your MCLE status with us.
- Did Not Practice Statement [PDF]: Download and fill out this form.
- Attach all your documents and include a SASE and mail or fax to:
Mail:State Bar of Texas
P.O. Box 12487
Austin, Texas 78711-2487
Fax:Fax your documents and credit card authorization to:
Please allow 5-10 business days to process your request and receive your confirmation letter and new bar card.