Request a Letter of Disciplinary Action
The State Bar Membership Department can provide letters of disciplinary action stating:
- That an attorney is in good standing, but with prior discipline; or
- That an attorney is currently suspended for disciplinary reasons
The information regarding disciplinary actions is an official record of the Chief Disciplinary Counsel’s office.
Follow these steps to obtain a letter of disciplinary action:
- Submit a written request.
- Include a $25.00 check or money order made payable to the State Bar of Texas.
- Include an SASE and mail your request to:
- Please allow 2-3 working days for processing your request. We will mail your letter by certified mail.
State Bar of Texas
Chief Disciplinary Counsel's Office
P.O. Box 12487
Austin, Texas 78711-2487
Request a Status Letter
An attorney may need to request a letter regarding the status of disciplinary actions that are pending against him or her.
A statement concerning the status of a disciplinary action can be obtained by calling or faxing the request to:
Office of the Chief Disciplinary Counsel
Phone: (877) 953-5535
Fax: (512) 427-4166