Request a Letter or Certificate of Good Standing for Attorneys with Grievance/Disciplinary History
- Please complete the following form [PDF] and have it notarized. Letters (letter from Disciplinary Committee) or Certificates of Good Standing will not be issued without this form.
- Send form and check or money order for $25.00 (payable to the State Bar of Texas) with your request. If you do not require prior discipline history in the certificate, please state this in your request as the standard certificate does contain this information.
- You may also make your payment by credit card by submitting a credit card request form [PDF]
- Forward all information to the address listed below:
Chief Disciplinary Counsel
PO Box 12487
Austin, Texas 78711
- Indicate where you would like the certificate or letter mailed. If it is mailed to the entity requesting this information, indicate if you would like a copy be sent to you as well.
- If you are asked to fax the information back, please put the original form and fee in the mail to the attention of the Office of the Chief Disciplinary Counsel at the address listed above. Fax number: (512) 427-4167.
- If you need the information returned to you by Federal Express or overnighted, you must include a return overnight slip with your request and your fed-ex account number.
- In the event that you have a very short deadline, you may
your information to the State Bar of Texas at the physical address
Office of the Chief Disciplinary Counsel
1414 Colorado St., 2nd Floor
Austin, Texas 78701
Please allow 5 working days for processing of your certificate or letter. If you have any questions you may contact this office at (877) 953-5535, ext. 1350.
How to Request a Certificate of Administrative Suspensions
The information regarding administrative suspensions is an official record of the Supreme Court of Texas. For a certified copy of the information, please provide the following:
- A written request; and
- A $10.00 fee made payable to the Clerk of the Supreme Court of Texas and mail to Remi Carbajal, Membership Department, State Bar of Texas, P.O. Box 12487, Austin, Texas 78711-2487.