JOB NUMBER: 15-008-2135
CLOSING DATE: August 8, 2014- 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $36,871 - $41,480 annually, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Investigator I
DEPARTMENT: Chief Disciplinary Counsel - Dallas
Conducts analysis and investigation of grievances against attorneys licensed to practice law in Texas. This position involves extensive contact with virtually all departments of the State Bar of Texas, various law enforcement agencies, court and other agencies and organizations.
- Performs investigations, including analyzing complaints and attorney responses, reviewing court, medical, insurance, bank and other records; obtaining sworn statements from witnesses; and preparing summaries of prior disciplinary action against attorneys.
- Prepares investigative reports and attends hearings of the grievance committees.
- Assists trial attorneys in the preparation and prosecution of cases alleging professional misconduct.
- Maintains close liaison with law enforcement and other governmental agencies providing assistance in grievance investigations.
- Responds to inquiries from complainants, attorney respondents, witnesses and the public while maintaining confidentiality.
- Researches and provides summaries of prior disciplinary action against respondent attorneys.
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
Requires a bachelor’s degree, certified Peace Officer’s license, or at least five years of investigative experience. Effective written and oral communication skills required, including concise report-writing and interpersonal communication experience. Ease with personal computer and Word software use necessary. Must be able to work some evenings and/or weekends. A valid Texas driver’s license and some travel required. Ability to speak and translate Spanish preferred.
Find a Lawyer
Search below to find a lawyer near you.