JOB NUMBER: 14-014-2165
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $36,149 - $40,667 annually, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Event Planner Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Outreach
Plans and manages on-site aspects of State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting, Bar Leaders Conference, and other large conferences including, management and reconciliation of budget, housing, registration, and other conference logistics. Works as part of a team to ensure meeting expenses are within established budgets and that the details of the facility meet the requirements for the event. This position involves frequent contact with the State Bar officers, directors and spouses, executive office staff, other State Bar departments, hotel personnel and the public.
- Coordinates facility arrangements such as room set-ups, catering and AV needs. Responsible for housing lists, BEO’s for all special events in the department.
- Researches and develops hotel options, off-site venues, and entertainment/program options based on volunteer and staff input and budget.
- Negotiates contracts for transportation, destination management companies, audio-visual suppliers and production companies.
- Makes arrangements for the New Lawyers Induction Ceremonies including the printing of invitations and programs, mailings to staff and exhibitors, meeting requirements with the facility.
- Coordinates receptions for incoming and outgoing judges on the
Supreme Court of Texas and the
Texas Court of Criminal Appeals including securing reception space, arranging catering, printing of
invitations and guest book.
- Coordinates payment of invoices, budget preparation and contract review.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ meeting planning experience required. Certified Meeting Professional Certification (CMP) preferred. Demonstrated negotiation skills required. Must have excellent organizational and communication skills, individual initiative, and the ability to work as a member of a team, assume responsibility, exercise sound judgment, and work under considerable pressure without close oversight. Must be able to interact with the public in a pleasant and effective manner and maintain effective relationships with bar leadership, volunteers, hotel staff, and organizational staff. Travel required.
Find a Lawyer
Search below to find a lawyer near you.