JOB NUMBER: 14-09-1815
CLOSING DATE: August 9, 2013 - 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $31,226 - $35,130 annually, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Legal Secretary
DEPARTMENT: Chief Disciplinary Counsel - Houston
Provides a variety of legal and administrative support services in the intake, investigation, and prosecution of attorney disciplinary cases. This position involves frequent contact with other departments and committees of the State Bar of Texas, attorneys, clients, complainants, respondents and other outside agencies and organizations.
- Responsible for timely data entry in case-tracking software and maintains case tracking log(s).
- Prepares and edits letters, reports, correspondence and legal documents.
- Responds to oral and written requests; searches databases and provides information that is appropriate for release to the public.
- Organizes and maintains computer databases and physical filing systems.
- Assists attorneys and investigators with document preparation for grievance committee hearings.
- Responsible for assisting Attorneys and Legal Assistants in trial, as necessary.
- Shares responsibility with other staff as backup receptionist.
- Performs other responsibilities and conducts special projects as required.
High school diploma or equivalent required; some college-level courses preferred. A minimum of three years’ experience in administrative office work is preferred, preferably in a legal environment. Experience in legal secretarial work, preferred. Requires exceptional communication and customer service skills. Ability to problem-solve and complete tasks in a timely and independent manner. Must be well organized, a self-starter, and detail oriented. Must be proficient in personal computers, Word software, filing systems, scanning/fax equipment, telephone systems, and general office equipment. Experience in litigation tracking software preferred. Ability to speak and translate Spanish helpful.
Find a Lawyer
Search below to find a lawyer near you.