You can find more detailed
information about TLAP and resources for the Texas legal community at
the links below:
The legal profession is demanding of our time, attention and energy, but it should not exact its toll on our physical and mental health. TLAP's staff can help you learn about new ways to merge healthier living with your legal practice. By implementing simple, daily wellness strategies, you can better manage the inevitable stress that accompanies the practice of law.
Wellness Resources [PDFs]
Fatigue Self Evaluation
from the Inside Out
Law and Wellness
Management: An Ethical Issue in the 21st Century
- The Contemplative Lawyer: Practicing Mindfulness. Posted with permission from Leonard L. Riskin.
- Zen at Your
- ABA Work and Life Balance Resources
Recordings of Guided Meditations
- Compassion Fatigue (regarding burnout)
- Everyday Health and Wellness
- How Stress Affects the Body
- Managing Stress. American Bar Association.
- Smoking Cessation
- The Mindful Lawyer Meditation and the Practice of
Law. Posted with permission from Joel Orenstein and the Law Institute of
- The Toll of Trauma (regarding secondary trauma
experienced by lawyers). Posted with permission by the Wisconsin State
TLAP staff are on call day and night, every day of the year. All information, including the caller's identity is confidential.
Take an online screening assessment for alcohol abuse or depression.
Living life on life's terms.
Find a Colleague
Search below to find a lawyer near you.