You can find more detailed
information about TLAP and resources for the Texas legal community at
the links below:
The legal profession is demanding of our time, attention and energy, but it should not exact its toll on our physical and mental health. TLAP's staff can help you learn about new ways to merge healthier living with your legal practice. By implementing simple, daily wellness strategies, you can better manage the inevitable stress that accompanies the practice of law.
Wellness Resources [PDFs]
Fatigue Self Evaluation
from the Inside Out
Law and Wellness
- Stress Management: An Ethical Issue in the 21st Century
- Ten Tips for Lawyers Dealing with Stress
- The Contemplative Lawyer: Practicing Mindfulness, by Leonard L. Riskin. (Posted with permission)
- The Pursuit of Happiness: Have You Got It?, by Drs. Gayle and Mike Klaybor. (Posted with permission)
- Zen at Your
- ABA Work and Life Balance Resources
Recordings of Guided Meditations
- Compassion Fatigue (regarding burnout)
- Everyday Health and Wellness
- Five Tips for Controlling Anger, by Ron Satija, JD.
(Posted with permission)
- How Stress Affects the Body
- Managing Stress. American Bar Association.
- Smoking Cessation
- The Mindful Lawyer Meditation and the Practice of
Law. Posted with permission from Joel Orenstein and the Law Institute of
- The Toll of Trauma (regarding secondary trauma experienced by lawyers), Wisconsin State Bar. (Posted with permission)
Find a Colleague
Search below to find a lawyer near you.