JOB VACANCY NOTICE
JOB NUMBER: 14-032-1465
CLOSING DATE: March 28, 2014 - 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $25,690-$28,901 annually, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant II
DEPARTMENT: The Texas Center for Legal Ethics
The Texas Center for Legal Ethics, a (501(c)(3) non-profit organization, produces programs in ethics and maintains information for Texas lawyers about ethics and professionalism. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Compliance and Operations, this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the Center. In addition to typing and filing, this position performs duties such as financial record keeping, assistance in coordinating meetings and seminars, coordinating direct mailings and working on special projects. Independent initiative and judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload. Recommends changes in office practices and procedures.
- Assist in management of Raiser’s Edge and Access software and reports including, complex mail merges and corrections to merge documents and database.
- Research technical issues related to computer software and online support for website. Work in conjunction with the Content Management System/Database Specialist.
- Answer incoming calls as well as written correspondence.
- Open, sort and distribute mail with other staff, following internal control guidelines set forth by the auditor for receipt of checks, credit cards and cash.
- Respond to inquiries (may require research) route incoming calls to appropriate departments, take messages and direct callers to appropriate staff. Coordinate telephone schedule with Content Management System/Database Specialist position
- Coordinate compliance mailings, including warning letters, MCLE Compliance letters, and suspension letters
- Coordinate packets for live courses, correcting and updating materials, speaker information and coordinating inserts from other departments
- Administer office operations or specialized business functions
- Work with other departments to ensure compliance and suspension issues are resolved
- May compose, design or edit documents such as handouts, forms, and reports for presentations and seminars.
- Other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
A High School Diploma or GED required. Previous experience in Administrative support work is a must. Business School, Associate’s degree or equivalent is a plus. Three to four years of related experience. Must have knowledge of secretarial, office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment at a level generally acquired through related experience. Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing (including complicated merges for multi-piece mailings), spreadsheets, database (preferably Access and Raiser’s Edge), and presentation software. Candidates must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy. Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work. Work requires regular attention to detail in composition, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. The position requires an individual who must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands, and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. This position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization’s seminars.
Find a Lawyer
Search below to find a lawyer near you.