JOB NUMBER: 14-28-2010
CLOSING DATE: February 21, 2014 - 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $34,427-$38,731 annually, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Program Associate I
DEPARTMENT: Client-Attorney Assistance Program
The Client-Attorney Assistance Program is a State Bar of Texas program that is designed to assist members of the public in resolving minor disputes with their Texas lawyers at the input stage of the disciplinary process. The Program Associate is responsible for staffing and responding to public calls on the State Bar of Texas Grievance Information Hotline maintained by the Commission for Lawyer Discipline. Performs other Program tasks, under the direct supervision of the Director of the Client-Attorney Assistance Program.
- Responds to calls from clients of Texas attorneys who have concerns about their lawyer and/or the quality of legal representation they are receiving.
- Implement dispute resolution services and maintains correspondence files for clients who are experiencing difficulties or misunderstandings within the context of the attorney-client relationship in an effort to effectuate a resolution without the client having to file a formal complaint.
- Educates and informs the public and the members of the State Bar about the Program.
- Provides appropriate referrals to callers whose matters are not within the scope of the Program’s services.
- Educates callers generally about the disciplinary system and about their rights to file a formal complaint against their lawyers.
- Provides positive and solution-oriented customer service to all callers.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree or a minimum of four years of related work experience required. Must possess excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills. Experience in public relations, human services, counseling, or similar profession helpful. Hotline staffing skills as well as knowledge of the legal profession preferred. Must be proficient in use of personal computer. Database experience with Access and Excel is a must. Ability to speak and translate Spanish is a plus.
Find a Lawyer
Search below to find a lawyer near you.