JOB NUMBER: 14-020-3600
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SALARY: Commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: ATJ Development and Communications Director
DEPARTMENT: Texas Access to Justice Commission - Austin
Responsible for fund development activities of the Texas Access to Justice Commission (“Commission”), including major gifts, events, and planned giving to benefit Texas civil legal service providers. Responsible for developing and implementing communication tools, in coordination with other staff, to support development activities and promote overall access to justice issues.
- Initiate and manage annual and long-range fund development activities, developing diversified and sustainable sources of revenue including major gifts, events, giving campaigns, planned giving, and corporate and civic partners.
- Cultivate and sustain donor relationships using best practices in donor stewardship.
- Research new and existing fund sources/donors to maximize funds raised.
- Make face-to-face visits to prospective and current donors.
- Prepare error-free and timely correspondence, proposals, and documentation of meetings, research, etc.
- Implement and manage a comprehensive communications strategy, including print and online communications (website, e-newsletter, brochures, etc.)
- Identify and create opportunities to build awareness among various constituents, including potential donors, lawyers, and community members.
- Assist as needed in securing media coverage for Commission activities.
- On a regular basis, prepare detailed reports tracking progress on organizational development and communication for the Executive Director and Commissioners.
- General Functions: Participates in planning, development, and implementation of the Commission goals and objectives. Answers public inquiries about legal assistance available to low-income people and pro bono opportunities. Performs other duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years development experience and 2 years communications experience. A successful track record in giving campaigns, events, and major donor identification, cultivation, and stewardship, and in achieving major fund raising goals. Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to working with a wide variety of people. Demonstrated success managing multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to understand and explain complex financial and investment information. Clear, concise, and effective written and oral communication skills, including proofreading, writing, editing. Experience coordinating projects, preparing correspondence, producing written reports and proposals, and making personal presentations. Self-starter who initiates and pursues objectives in an organized and efficient manner and has the ability to work independently. Willingness to work evening and weekend hours when necessary. Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
Find a Lawyer
Search below to find a lawyer near you.