JOB NUMBER: 14-08-1635
CLOSING DATE: July 19, 2013 - 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $28,323-$31,864 annually, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Section Support Specialist
Provides administrative, website, and event support for forty-three State Bar of Texas Sections. Provides website, membership and customer support for section members and section leadership. Plans and executes all aspects of section meetings, retreats and continuing education programs. Works directly with section leadership and other team members to facilitate section initiatives and communications. Manages all aspects of registration process for section events. Involves frequent contact with department heads, volunteers, section members, the public and other individuals and organizations outside the Bar.
- Responds to email and telephone inquiries from section leadership, membership and general public.
- Handles purchasing and internal accounting for department.
- Enters information and generates statistical and financial reports using IMIS database, Excel and registration software.
- Moderates section listservs using sound judgment and best practices.
- Coordinates conference registrations by initiating online and offline registration. Reconciles registrations and fees. Generates various financial and bookkeeping reports for accounting purposes.
- Provides technical support for section websites and password protected areas. Monitors, edits and updates section websites using industry standard and open-source software.
- Facilitates section initiatives and publications using listservs, e-blasts, websites, hard-copy and electronic brochures, interactive newsletters and a variety of social media.
- Writes and edits copy for websites, email advertisements and course brochures.
- Manages and supervises logistics of conferences and meetings, including room/foyer setup, menus choices and quantities, material delivery, exhibitor placement, and audio-visual requests.
- Performs other duties as required.
High school diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of two years related work experience required. College degree preferred. A working knowledge of the State Bar and its departments is preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and have database experience, preferably with iMIS. Must have general bookkeeping experience. Knowledge of basic accounting principles is preferred. Must be able to type 45 wpm. Requires the ability to communicate effectively and professionally. Must possess excellent organizational skills, individual initiative, sound judgment, ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks and provide excellent customer service. Requires ability to lift boxes up to 40 pounds. Occasional travel required.
Find a Lawyer
Search below to find a lawyer near you.