JOB NUMBER: 13-030-3055
CLOSING DATE: April 19, 2013- 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $56,078 - $63,088 annually, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Website and Social Media Manager
Oversees the day-to-day operations of texasbar.com, the website of the State Bar of Texas, and related interactive services: Texas Bar Blog, Texas Bar Today, Texas Bar Circle, and social media. Works closely with the volunteers who serve on the Web Services Committee and the State Bar Board of Directors for strategic planning and the deployment of existing and future digital features. Provides support to the State Bar executive management team, communications division director, and other departments.
- Manages website staff, budget, and the day-to-day operations of TexasBar.com and related interactive services including membership management tools, e-commerce, content management, mobile tools, and event management.
- Serves as managing editor of all website and related services content.
- Oversees site development and community management for professional networking service.
- Oversees online revenue streams such as Internet advertising, job bank, online deals, and other platforms.
- Oversees the collection of website metrics and plans website improvements based on these metrics.
- Markets TexasBar.com and other websites via print and interactive campaigns and search engine marketing.
- Serves as a liaison to the Web Services Advisory Committee and other entities interested in the improvement of State Bar websites and the promotion and use of technology by State Bar members.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred. Minimum of five years’ experience in website management, social media, and project management. Editorial background preferred (including writing for both online and traditional print publications). Online community management experience preferred. Extensive knowledge of customer support issues and systems. Knowledge of Internet content management systems and web applications such as Dreamweaver and Fireworks. Teaching and public speaking experience required. Supervisory experience required. Must be able to communicate effectively in writing, via phone, and in person. Some travel required.
Find a Lawyer
Search below to find a lawyer near you.