The following categories may request an exemption or special allowance to complete all or part of the 15-hour MCLE requirement:
- Full-time faculty members of ABA-accredited law schools - may request a 15-hour allowance (does not cover the three-hour ethics requirement)
- Part-time faculty members of ABA-accredited law schools - may request a 12-hour allowance (does not cover the three-hour ethics requirement)
- Judges, both state and federal – may be eligible to claim a judicial exemption
- Those who are employed as full-time attorneys within certain offices of the Texas Legislature may request a 15-hour allowance (does not cover the three-hour legal ethics requirement)
- Members of the Texas Legislature or members of Congress may request a 15-hour allowance including three hours of legal ethics
- Those placed on Inactive Status with the State Bar of Texas Membership Department and who have been inactive during the entire MCLE compliance year are not required to report MCLE credits
- Those who are on Active Status with the State Bar of Texas Membership Department but have not engaged in the practice of law in Texas at any time during their MCLE compliance year may claim a Non-Practicing exemption
- Those with circumstances that demonstrate an undue hardship due to an extreme medical or physical disability that prevents compliance may request a special self-study allowance or exemption depending on circumstances
Military Waivers: Are you an attorney member serving in a combat zone? You may be exempt from MCLE requirements.
Please note: MCLE exemptions are not automatically awarded based upon Membership status. If you think that you are eligible to claim an exemption or special allowance, or if you cannot find your category above, or if you have any other questions about how to request an exemption, please contact the MCLE Department.
If you think that you are exempt and you cannot find your category above, or if you have any other questions, please contact the MCLE Department.
State Bar of Texas
P.O. Box 13007
Austin, Texas 78711-3007
800.204-2222 (ext. 1806)
People usually buy Cialis online 20 mg, because itâ€™s the most convenient dosage. One tablet of Cialis is enough to maintain erection when needed for 18 hours.
The most common way to get Cialis Generic today is to order Cialis generic online in our pharmacy!
Find a Colleague
Search below to find a lawyer near you.