Created in 2008 by then State Bar President Harper Estes, LeadershipSBOT is designed to increase diverse leadership participation within the legal community through the nomination of lawyers who possess both the desire and the potential to assume leadership roles in their communities and the State Bar of Texas. Central to the program’s mission is ensuring that participant demographics represent the diversity of the State of Texas — culturally, ethnically, geographically, and in practice area.
LeadershipSBOT participants will examine what is expected of leaders and, with the advice and guidance of current leaders, discover how to best engage in public involvement to be effective in the profession and in the community. The yearlong program consists of two training sessions and concludes with the presentation of group projects during the State Bar Annual Meeting.
Thank you to our 2013-2014 sponsors!
- USI Affinity
- Past President Bob Black
- Lynch, Chappell & Alsup – A Professional Corporation
- Sprouse Shrader Smith
- Jackson Walker L.L.P.
- Westin Galleria Houston
- Alesha L. Williams
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Westin Riverwalk Hotel
- Underwood Law Firm
Pete Serrano Award
Nomination Information2014-2015 Nominations
In The News
- Forging New Leaders, Texas Bar Journal, December 2011.
- Appetite for Deconstruction, Texas Bar Journal, December 2010.
- LeadershipSBOT Class Meets in South Texas, Texas Bar Journal, May 2010.
- Building Bears, Rebuilding Lives, Texas Bar Journal, May 2009.
- State Bar and TYLA Launch Leadership Academy, Texas Bar Journal, December 2008.