TLAP helps lawyers throughout Texas learn about and find solutions for dealing with substance abuse and mental health issues, as well as learn how to incorporate a healthier lifestyle with the practice of law. TLAP maintains an extensive database of substance abuse and mental health professionals, as well as peer and community support groups, who are familiar with the special challenges faced by lawyers experiencing these issues. Additionally, TLAP can match lawyers with one of their volunteers who can provide peer assistance and ongoing support in the lawyer's community.
If you are interested in getting more information, please call us anytime at 1-800-343-8527. Your identity and our communications are confidential.
Resources for Lawyers [PDFs]
Dreams, Mended Lives, President's Opinion, Bob Black (TBJ
Concerned for Lawyers Support Groups
Health Groups for Lawyers
- Depression Ethics, The Bencher (Inns of Court Journal),
2005. Posted with permission by the American Inns of
- Identifying Addiction. Posted with permission by the American Bar Association.
- Texas Lawyers' Commitment to Wellness Resolution by the State Bar of Texas
Commission on Lawyers Assistance Programs
Persons with Probationary Licenses
- Planning Guide for Closing a Legal
- TYLA’s Survival Guide for Young Lawyers
- Aging Lawyers
- A Solo’s Tough Transition
Lawyer in Decline
- "Helping Lawyers Retire with Dignity"
- Identifying and Assisting Lawyers and Judges with Cognitive Impairments. Posted with permission by Hon. Sharon Stone, JD, MD.
- TLAP: Helping A Senior Lawyer
- The Senior Lawyer in Decline: Transitioning with Dignity
People usually buy Cialis online 20 mg, because itâ€™s the most convenient dosage. One tablet of Cialis is enough to maintain erection when needed for 18 hours.
The most common way to get Cialis Generic today is to order Cialis generic online in our pharmacy!
Find out about Texas lawyer mental health support groups in your community.
Are you a lawyer, law student, or judge in recovery from substance abuse or mental illness? Are you looking for a way to be of service? Call (800) 343-8527 to volunteer.
Hell Would Have Been an Improvement, by Anonymous
Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK at any time of the day or night.
Find out information about support groups in your area.
24th Annual Convention. May 31 - June 2, 2013. Crowne Plaza Hotel, San Antonio.
Find a Colleague
Search below to find a lawyer near you.