Law Student Info and Temporary Trial Cards
One of our priorities at the State Bar of Texas is to enhance law
students' participation in the administration of justice, professional
responsibility, and public service.
- Law Student Division Membership Application [PDF]
- Resources for All Texas Law Students
- Contact the Law Student Division
- Temporary Trial Cards for 3rd Year Law Students
- Contact Us About Temporary Trial Cards
Are you currently a law student? Then interact with your community and local attorneys when you join the State Bar of Texas Law Student Division.
- Welcome Letter from the Chair [PDF]: A welcome from the chair of the Law Student Division.
- 2013-2014 Law Student Division Board [PDF]: Contact information for your law school’s student representative.
- Member Benefits [PDF]: Scholarships, discounts, publications like the Texas Bar Journal, and more when you join for only $15 a year.
- Scholarships for Members Only: Each year, the Law Student Division offers its members a $1,000 scholarship: the Legal Professionalism Award in the Fall and the Essay Contest Award [PDF] in the Spring. Two scholarship recipients will be selected from the Law Student Division applicants; both Texas law school and out-of-state law student members may apply.
- Membership Application [PDF]: Includes all campus liaisons, benefits, and instructions on how to join.
- Registration Form for TexasBarCLE Seminars [PDF]: Law Student Division members receive FREE registration to TexasBarCLE live and video replay seminars. In addition, members have access to the online classroom and online library.
- Appellate Section Membership Application [PDF]: Stay current with trends in the Texas Appellate Court with this free membership.
- Free Section Memberships [PDF]: Take advantage of our offer for a free membership in selected sections. Advantages of section membership include quarterly newsletters, outstanding CLE events, and access to "members only" portions of websites.
- Texas Lawyers Assistance Program: TLAP helps law students who are experiencing problems with depression, anxiety, chronic stress, abuse of substances or addictive behaviors by providing support, referrals and information. All communications with TLAP are strictly confidential by statute.
As a law student, the following resources and awards are available to you:
- Texas Young Lawyers Association Scholarship Opportunities
- After The Bar Exam: Preparing yourself for a life in the law. A free resource for persons who have taken the Texas bar exam and are awaiting the results. Here you'll find practical answers, valuable insights, and plenty of "how-to's" from attorneys who've been there - many of them among the best in their field statewide.
- Keys to Law Student Success – The Unclassified Story [PDF]
- MYTHS BUSTED [PDF]: Experienced attorneys opening doors for newly licensed attorneys.
- TEN MINUTE MENTOR…GOES TO LAW SCHOOL! Concise. Practical. Free. An ongoing collection of short instructional presentations for the busy student.
- TYLA’s Office in a Flash
800.204.2222 (ext. 1518)
If you are a 3rd-year law student or an unlicensed law school graduate and you want to work in a courtroom under supervision of an attorney, follow these steps:
- Download this application and follow the instructions:
- You must also have your supervising attorney fill out the Authorization and Release Form so that you can obtain your supervising attorney's letter of good standing.
- Send both forms to us with a $15 check or money order made payable to the State Bar of Texas at:
State Bar of Texas
Remi Carbajal, Membership Dept.
P.O. Box 12487
Austin, Texas 78711-2487
800.204.2222 (ext. 1840)