Our executive team is responsible for the administration and management of the State Bar of Texas. This includes providing:
- day-to-day oversight of the Bar and its operations;
- professional services to members of the Bar;
- services to the public;
- long-range strategic planning; and
- assistance to the courts regarding the administration of justice
Our executive director publishes a bi-monthly newsletter:
- Executive Director's Report: A newsletter about activities of the Bar and its many departments and programs.
Michelle Hunter, Executive Director
Prior to her service with the State Bar of Texas, Hunter was in the private practice of law, served as an assistant attorney general, and was legal counsel for the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
Hunter received her undergraduate degree with special honors from the University of Texas at Austin, law degree from the University of Houston School of Law, and MBA from the University of Texas McCombs School of Business. She is a former director of the Austin Young Lawyers Association.
Michelle and her husband, Tom, have two children, Alec and Holden.
2014 Executive Director's Report
2013 Executive Director's Report
2012 Executive Director's Report
2011 Executive Director's Report
2010 Executive Director's Report [PDFs]
2009 Executive Director's Report [PDFs]
2008 Executive Director's Report [PDFs]
Find a Lawyer
Search below to find a lawyer near you.