JOB NUMBER: 13-034-2650
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SALARY: Commensurate with experience, plus excellent
POSITION TITLE: Law Office Manager
DEPARTMENT: General Counsel - Austin
Manages and supports the State Bar legal counsel’s office.
Responsibilities include case management, contract management and
review, compliance review and documentation, responses to public
information requests, correspondence, and performance of research as
necessary. Involves frequent contact with State Bar staff, sections,
committees, departments, attorneys, and other individuals and
organizations outside the State Bar, including members of the board of
- Helps with contract management and review.
- Assists in the preparation of pleadings, correspondence, and
- Oversees case management and organizes and maintains documents
and calendaring of deadlines.
- Assembles and drafts responses to public information requests
pursuant to both the Texas Public Information Act and Texas Rules of
- Manages compliance calendaring and documentation.
- Communicates with State Bar staff, the board of directors,
sections, committees, departments and members of the public as
necessary, both verbally and in writing.
- Assists with insurance renewals and acts as liaison with
insurance company representatives.
- Assists with the preparation, review, and approval of department
budgets and expense reports.
- Purchases department supplies and ensures that subscriptions are
- Performs other duties as delegated by the legal counsel.
A minimum of eight years of paralegal experience in a law office or law
firm. Paralegal certificate or certification preferred. Experience with
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat, and familiarity
with web-based case management and legal research software. Familiarity
with technology used in a paperless office, including scanning and
managing documents. Knowledge of legal research, legal drafting, legal
terminology and legal concepts; advanced skills in writing; and
knowledge of civil court procedure.