JOB VACANCY NOTICE
JOB NUMBER: 14-035-1610
CLOSING DATE: May 9, 2014 - 1:00 p.m. CST
SALARY: Commensurate with experience, plus excellent
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Texas Access to Justice Foundation
This position performs a variety of technical and clerical accounting
functions under the direction of the Senior Financial Accountant for the
Texas Access to Justice Foundation. The work involves preparing,
entering, and balancing financial information required to maintain the
Foundation’s accounts receivable and payable transactions and
- Maintains computer database for the IOLTA (Interest on
Lawyers’ Trust Accounts) program including its accounts, banks,
law firms, and attorneys.
- Researches problems with banks, law firms, and attorneys
concerning discrepancies on bank reports and
compliance statements and suggests corrective action.
- Manages accounts payable and receivables; including processing
payments in a timely manner and preparing other related reports.
- Inputs and verifies data from bank reports, compliance reports,
- Assists with bank research as required for annual financial audit
and outside reviews.
- Compiles statistical, financial, and other information for
reports; maintaining required confidentiality.
- Review, analyze, and monitor detailed financial data and interest
- Drafts correspondence to banks, law firms, and attorneys.
- Provides general assistance with overall office operations.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
Two years’ experience in an environment that requires basic
knowledge of accounting principles and performing accurate numerical
detail work. College degree preferred. Ability to effectively
communicate both orally and written. Working knowledge of banking
procedures is preferred. Ability to problem solve and complete multiple
tasks in a timely and independent manner. Ability to organize workload
and set priorities. Working knowledge of personal computers, including
experience with Microsoft Excel. Ability to work accurately with numbers
and knowledge of automated accounting systems. Ability to work under
pressure during busy work cycles and meet deadline schedules. Must be
well-organized, a self-starter, and detail oriented.