JOB NUMBER: 14-029-2815
CLOSING DATE: March 7, 2014 - 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $50,865-$57,223 annually,
plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: TLAP Professional
DEPARTMENT: Texas Lawyers’ Assistance
The Texas Lawyers’ Assistance Program (TLAP) seeks an energetic
and highly professional licensed attorney in good standing or Masters
level licensed therapist to help with the responsible administration of
all aspects of the peer assistance and employee assistance programs of
the State Bar of Texas.
- Assists in operating confidential telephone hotline; provides
crisis counseling and referrals for law students, judges and attorneys
as well as colleagues, friends, and family members concerned about
- Assists in maintaining and expanding an up-to-date resource
database of physicians, mental health professionals and other referral
resources in Texas and the United States.
- Assists in conducting periodic evaluations of mental health
facilities, rehabilitation and treatment programs throughout Texas and
the United States.
- Assists in increasing the legal community and public awareness of
the Texas Lawyers’ Assistance Program by routinely making
presentations, conducting seminars and trainings and by writing
articles and other pieces for publication.
- Assists in recruiting, training, and maintaining current
relationships with a statewide network of volunteer attorneys for the
Texas Lawyers’ Assistance Program.
- Assists in developing, marketing and administering voluntary
- Assists in developing, marketing and administering specialized
outreach for the Texas Judiciary.
- Assists in providing confidential employee assistance services to
State Bar staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be either a licensed attorney in good standing or Masters level
licensed therapist. Requires demonstrated education, training and/or
knowledge of various impairments affecting legal professionals including
stress and anxiety disorders, substance use disorders, mood disorders
and other mental illnesses. Requires minimum of 5 years demonstrated
professional or volunteer related work experience. Requires experience
designing, developing and delivering professional presentations. Must
have superior communication skills and the ability to work with a
variety of legal professionals in myriad contexts. Must have excellent
writing and/or editing skills. Requires availability for rotating
evening and weekend coverage of confidential telephone hotline calls.
Travel required up to 20%. The highest ethical standards,
organizational skills, creativity and a collegial temperament are