JOB NUMBER: 14-28-2010
CLOSING DATE: February 21, 2014 - 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $34,427-$38,731 annually, plus
POSITION TITLE: Program Associate I
DEPARTMENT: Client-Attorney Assistance Program
The Client-Attorney Assistance Program is a State Bar of Texas program
that is designed to assist members of the public in resolving minor
disputes with their Texas lawyers at the input stage of the disciplinary
process. The Program Associate is responsible for staffing and
responding to public calls on the State Bar of Texas Grievance
Information Hotline maintained by the Commission for Lawyer Discipline.
Performs other Program tasks, under the direct supervision of the
Director of the Client-Attorney Assistance Program.
- Responds to calls from clients of Texas attorneys who have
concerns about their lawyer and/or the quality of legal representation
they are receiving.
- Implement dispute resolution services and maintains correspondence
files for clients who are experiencing difficulties or misunderstandings
within the context of the attorney-client relationship in an effort to
effectuate a resolution without the client having to file a formal
- Educates and informs the public and the members of the State Bar
about the Program.
- Provides appropriate referrals to callers whose matters are not
within the scope of the Program’s services.
- Educates callers generally about the disciplinary system and about
their rights to file a formal complaint against their lawyers.
- Provides positive and solution-oriented customer service to all
- Performs other duties as may be required.
High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree or a
minimum of four years of related work experience required. Must possess
excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
Experience in public relations, human services, counseling, or similar
profession helpful. Hotline staffing skills as well as knowledge of the
legal profession preferred. Must be proficient in use of personal
computer. Database experience with Access and Excel is a must. Ability
to speak and translate Spanish is a plus.