JOB NUMBER: 14-025-1480
CLOSING DATE: December 20, 2013 - 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $25,690 - $28,901 annually,
plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Receptionist
DEPARTMENT: Chief Disciplinary Counsel - Austin
Provides a variety of general administrative support services to the
Chief Disciplinary Counsel’s office. This front-line position
involves frequent contact with the public, State Bar membership, State
Bar staff, and individuals and organizations outside the State
1. Answers calls for service, information, and assistance; routes
calls to the appropriate person; and provides general information to
callers and visitors, demonstrating a positive, pleasant, and helpful
2. Researches databases for information responsive to inquiries.
3. Performs data entry and maintains various database logs of
incoming and outgoing information.
4. Sorts and distributes incoming mail; prepares internal and
outgoing mail and packages; maintains necessary records of certified
mail and packages.
5. Prepares letters, reports, correspondence, logs, and other
documents on computer.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school education or equivalent required. A minimum of two years of
related work experience required with proven customer service skills.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word software. Minimum typing speed of
45 words per minute, preferred. Excellent oral and written
communications skills. Bilingual in Spanish speaking required.