JOB NUMBER: 14-012-3025
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience,
plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Director of Finance
DEPARTMENT: Texas Access to Justice Foundation -
The Director of Finance & Operations is responsible for ensuring
accurate, appropriate, effective, and efficient operations in the areas
of finance and banking relationships. The Director is responsible both
for successful fulfillment of day-to-day activities in these areas, as
well as implementation of recommended policies and future planning.
- Maintain general ledger; prepare all internal and external
financial reports for staff management and Board, Supreme Court, Office
of the Attorney General, auditors, IRS, grantors, and others.
- Develop and track organizational, programmatic, and grant budgets,
in cooperation with management staff.
- Coordinate annual external financial audits, including Public
Funds Investment Act audit, and serves as lead point of contact for
auditor, responding to their needs, questions, and concerns.
- Prepare timely and accurate grant disbursements, bank
reconciliations, and accounts payable.
- Maintain effective and appropriate insurance policies for the
Foundation to ensure appropriate risk management and safeguarding of
agency assets. Monitor and ensure effective internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with the Foundation’s financial policies
& procedures, GAAP, OMB standards, requirements of grants and
contracts, IRS regulations. Maintain all required reporting.
- Serve as staff liaison to Board’s Finance Committee. Serve
as primary contact with financial institutions to ensure the proper
remittance of IOLTA funds to the Foundation.
- Develop and implement strategies for strengthening partnerships
with financial institutions and building support for IOLTA in the
banking community. Research and implement ways of increasing bank yield
on IOLTA deposits.
- Responsible for financial projections and cash flow, short and
long-term of the organization.
- Oversee and manage all systems necessary for maintaining IOLTA
accounts and carrying out IOLTA. Design, develop and implement IOLTA
rules and policies for enhancing IOLTA revenue.
- Manage professional and support staff engaged in tracking monthly
IOLTA receipts and monitoring bank compliance with rules and
regulations pertaining to bank eligibility.
- As needed or appropriate, make recommendations and develop
proposed policies to review or enhance all compliance/fiscal policies.
- Review annual audits and 990’s from grantees as well as
conduct fiscal review of grantees.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
Bachelor’s degree required. Five or more years in the field of
accounting with preference in government, non-profit or banking
experience. Strong financial analysis skills necessary. Preference for
a CPA, but not necessary. Must be able to demonstrate having excellent
organizational skills and work habits; strong attention to detail and
follow-up. Efficient in handling multiple projects simultaneously.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able
to meet deadlines. Skilled at working with a wide variety of