JOB NUMBER: 14-08-1635
CLOSING DATE: July 19, 2013 - 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $28,323-$31,864 annually,
plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Section Support Specialist
Provides administrative, website, and event support for forty-three
State Bar of Texas Sections. Provides website, membership and customer
support for section members and section leadership. Plans and executes
all aspects of section meetings, retreats and continuing education
programs. Works directly with section leadership and other team members
to facilitate section initiatives and communications. Manages all
aspects of registration process for section events. Involves frequent
contact with department heads, volunteers, section members, the public
and other individuals and organizations outside the Bar.
- Responds to email and telephone inquiries from section
leadership, membership and general public.
- Handles purchasing and internal accounting for department.
- Enters information and generates statistical and financial
reports using IMIS database, Excel and registration software.
- Moderates section listservs using sound judgment and best
- Coordinates conference registrations by initiating online and
offline registration. Reconciles registrations and fees. Generates
various financial and bookkeeping reports for accounting purposes.
- Provides technical support for section websites and password
protected areas. Monitors, edits and updates section websites using
industry standard and open-source software.
- Facilitates section initiatives and publications using listservs,
e-blasts, websites, hard-copy and electronic brochures, interactive
newsletters and a variety of social media.
- Writes and edits copy for websites, email advertisements and
- Manages and supervises logistics of conferences and meetings,
including room/foyer setup, menus choices and quantities, material
delivery, exhibitor placement, and audio-visual requests.
- Performs other duties as required.
High school diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of two years
related work experience required. College degree preferred. A working
knowledge of the State Bar and its departments is preferred. Must be
proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and have database experience,
preferably with iMIS. Must have general bookkeeping experience.
Knowledge of basic accounting principles is preferred. Must be able to
type 45 wpm. Requires the ability to communicate effectively and
professionally. Must possess excellent organizational skills,
individual initiative, sound judgment, ability to work under pressure,
handle multiple tasks and provide excellent customer service. Requires
ability to lift boxes up to 40 pounds. Occasional travel required.