JOB NUMBER: 13-035-1470
CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2013- 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $25,690 - $28,901 annually,
plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Customer Service Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Customer Service
Provides resourceful customer service and excellent communications
skills to support the goal of customer satisfaction. Answers and
directs incoming telephone calls with a high degree of courtesy and
professionalism. Also acts as Meeting Room Coordinator and assists
with meeting reservations. Involves frequent contact with State Bar
departments and staff members, as well as attorneys and visitors.
- Answers incoming calls and directs them to the appropriate
department or person.
- Responds to routine customer inquiries and complaints or
grievances using thorough knowledge of State Bar departments,
processes, and guidelines.
- Utilizes and updates the information database to facilitate
directing the calls accurately and also maintains internal directory
- Acts as Meeting Room Coordinator by assisting with meeting room
reservations for internal departments or groups, and eligible external
- Serves as back-up for telephone system issues which include but
are not limited to voicemail password resets, telephone features,
- Customer service liaison at meetings and/or training requiring
the need for telecommunications information.
- Serves as back-up to security desk by allowing entry via entrance
gate, and also issuing access badges to employees and visitors.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
High school diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of two years
related customer service experience required. One year call center
experience preferred. Working knowledge of telephone system and
voicemail system is desired. Must have a courteous and professional
demeanor. Organizational, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills are
essential. Excellent verbal communication and listening skills are
necessary. Problem solving skills are important. Must be self-reliant
and have the ability to work well with minimal supervision.
Intermediate computer knowledge including experience with Microsoft Word
and Excel preferred. Typing speed of 40+ wpm. May be required to
work Saturday mornings. Fluent in Spanish required.