Request a Replacement Bar Card

If you’ve lost or misplaced your bar card, please follow the instructions below to get a new one mailed to you by the State Bar of Texas Membership Department.


  1. Submit a written request.
  2. Include a $25 check or money order made payable to the Clerk of the Supreme Court of Texas, or an authorization form to charge on Visa or MasterCard.
  3. Authorization Form [PDF]: Download and fill out this form completely.
  4. Include a self-addressed envelope and do one of the following:
    State Bar of Texas
    Membership Department
    P.O. Box 12487
    Austin, Texas 78711-2487

    Fax your documents and credit card authorization to:
    (512) 427-4424

    Send an email request with credit card authorization to:

Please allow 10 business days to process your request.

{Back to top}